To dive into what the science says, I spoke with Dr. Joshua Gonzalez, a board-certified urologist who is fellowship-trained in Sexual Medicine. We give a research-based take on “No Nut November,” while also offering a crash course in “semenology” to answer common questions about ejaculation and orgasm.
Some of the topics we explore in this episode include:
- Where does semen come from and what is it made of?
- How many calories are in a single “serving” of semen? Is it really a source of protein?
- Why are so many men concerned about their ejaculatory volume? And is there anything they can do to increase it?
- Can abstinence from sex and masturbation enhance athletic performance?
- What is the link between masturbation and health? In what ways can being sexually active (both solo and partnered) potentially boost health?
- What are the most common sexual difficulties men experience, and what can they do to reduce their odds of developing them?
- What do men need to know about having better sex?
This podcast was made on Zencastr. Join Zencastr today and receive 40% off of their professional plan for 3 months with my exclusive discount code: sexandpsych
Want to learn more about Sex and Psychology? Click here for previous articles or follow the blog on Facebook, Twitter, or Reddit to receive updates. You can also follow Dr. Lehmiller on YouTube and Instagram.
Credits: LEGIT Audio (Podcast editing) and Shutterstock/Florian (Music).
Image created with Canva; photos used with permission of guest.