My guest today is Dr. Nicole Prause, a licensed psychologist and sex researcher who founded the sexual biotechnology company Liberos. She is a former Kinsey Institute trainee and has published an extensive body of research on the neuroscience and psychophysiology of sex.
Some of the topics we explore in this episode include:
- What technology do you need to study orgasms scientifically?
- Orgasms have both a physiological and a psychological component—but they don’t always line up in the same way for everyone. So what does it mean when someone experiences one but not the other?
- What does it actually mean to have multiple orgasms? Are we talking back-to-back orgasms with continued sexual stimulation? Can you take breaks? How much time can pass between each orgasm for it to count as “multiple?”
- Is there really a gender difference in the ability to have multiple orgasms? (The answer may surprise you!)
- Some people get sick every time they orgasm. What causes this post-orgasmic illness syndrome?
- Are there really different “types” of orgasms, or are all orgasms technically the same process?
- What happens inside the brain during an orgasm?
- For people who have trouble orgasming, what can they do about it?
This podcast was made on Zencastr. Join Zencastr today and receive 40% off of their professional plan for 3 months with my exclusive discount code: sexandpsych
Want to learn more about Sex and Psychology? Click here for previous articles or follow the blog on Facebook, Twitter, or Reddit to receive updates. You can also follow Dr. Lehmiller on YouTube and Instagram.
Listen and stream all episodes on Apple, Spotify, Google, or Amazon. Subscribe to automatically receive new episodes and please rate and review the podcast!
Credits: LEGIT Audio (Podcast editing) and Shutterstock/Florian (Music).
Image created with Canva; photos used with permission of guest.